Return to Government
Recommend a Website
How we select an External Website
Archeology & Genealogy:
- Kentucky Archaeological Survey (Univ. of KY)
- "The Survey's mission is to provide a service to other state agencies, to work with private landowners to protect archaeological sites, and to educate the public about Kentucky's rich archaeological heritage."
Return to Top
- Public Archeology in the US
- A timeline of archeology in the United States.
Return to Top
- Kentucky Historical Society
- A great place to begin your research. The Kentucky Historical Society's research library collects family histories, county and state histories, cemetery records, county court records and a treasure trove of other valuable genealogical research material. Read the Society's Tracing Your Family History for tips on how to start your research.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives
- The Kentucky State Archives is another great place to begin your research. The Archives is the central repository for Kentucky public records. Search their Catalog of Kentucky State
Archives Holdings or Catalog
of Kentucky Archival and Manuscript Collections or both catalogs together. Read their Genealogical Reference Correspondence Policy . Get information about the types of records available, forms, research room hours, etc.
- Kentucky Vital Records Index (Univ. of KY)
- This is a searchable index of deaths 1911-1992, marriages 1973-1993 and divorces 1973-1993 in the state of Kentucky.
- Office of Vital Statistics
- Order certified copies of birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates here. This office has maintained birth and death records since 1911 and marriage and divorce records since 1958.
- Revolutionary War Warrants
- Did your ancestor receive a Kentucky land warrant for Revolutionary War service? Find out here by searching this database provided by the Kentucky Land Office. View a digitized image of the actual warrant.
last updated: 2/28/00
This page has been accessed times since March 2, 2000.
I Need Help |
Toll free help: 1-877-740-4357 |
How To Use the Virtual Library |
© Kentucky Commonwealth Virtual Library
1024 Capital Center Dr.
Frankfort, KY 40601