Return to Government
Recommend a Website
How we select an External Website
Medicine and Nursing:
Health | Nursing
- Kentucky Board of Nursing
- The Board "protects public health and welfare by development and enforcement of state law governing safe practice of nursing". Licensing applications and the Board's newsletter- Communique are available on this site. (PDF format)
Return to Top
- Health Services, Cabinet for
- The Cabinet and its various departments and offices are responsible for overseeing public health services in the state of Kentucky. Kentucky Epidemiologic Notes & Reports and Local Health Link Newsletter are available fulltext online. (PDF format)
- Kentucky Cancer Registry (Univ. of KY)
- "The Kentucky Cancer Registry records the incidence of cancer for the Commonwealth of Kentucky." Of particular note is Cancer Incidence Reports which provides access to cancer incidence data published since 1991.
- Long-term Policy Research Center
- This center provides research, data analysis, long-term strategic planning, coordination of resources and information across different branches and agencies of government and outreach to the public. The website includes a searchable database of recent articles produced by the Center on a variety of subjects ranging from Agriculture to Welfare and Poverty. Many of these articles, including Future Well-being of Women in Kentucky are available fulltext online.(PDF format)
Return to Top
- Centers for Disease Control
- This website provides many online publications, data and statistics, current health news and announcements and numerous other health-related resources. The site can be searched for information specific to Kentucky such as Kentucky: Most Common Causes of Death .(PDF format) The fulltext of Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report is also available here.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- The Commission's website provides information about product safety recalls, consumer safety statistics (PDF format), consumer product safety publications (PDF format) and other consumer product-related resources. You can also report unsafe products here.
- Department of Health and Human Services
- This site provides information and links on the promotion and protection of health and the provision of essential human services.
- Food and Drug Administration
- This site provides information about food, cosmetic and drug safety for consumers, health professionals and industry.
- GulfLINK (Dept. of Defense Gulf War Illness Page)
- GulfLink provides current news and events on Gulf War-related illnesses, medical information, case narratives, declassified documents and many other resources.
- This site provides a searchable gateway to government-sponsored consumer health and human services information.
- MedLinePlus Database
- This service from the National Library of Medicine provides access to "information about specific diseases and conditions and also has links to self-help groups, consumer
health information from the National Institutes of Health, clearinghouses, dictionaries, lists of hospitals
and physicians, health information in Spanish and other languages, and clinical trials."
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- This site provides information and resources concerning motor vehicle safety.
- National Institutes of Health
- This site includes links to consumer health publications, clinical trials, health hotlines,
MEDLINE, and the NIH Information Index, funding opportunities, scientific resources and links to the various individual institutes and offices of the NIH.
- National Women's Health Information Center
- This is a "one-stop gateway for women seeking health information" about women's health issues. It also includes online medical dictionaries, glossaries and journals .
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- OSHA enforces and oversees workplace safety regulations to reduce work-related injuries, illnesses and deaths. This site provides access to numerous OSHA publications, news, statistics, current events and more.
- This search service from the National Library of Medicine provides free access to "the 9 million citations in MEDLINE and Pre-MEDLINE (with
links to participating on-line journals), and other related databases".
- Transportation Safety
- This site provides information and resources concerning all aspects of land, air and water transportation safety.
last updated: 2/28/00
This page has been accessed times since March 2, 2000.