Return to Government
Recommend a Website
How we select an External Website
- Kentucky Environmental Quality Commission
- The Commission focuses on environmental issues of relevance to Kentucky. Many of their publications are available online. (PDF format)
- Mines & Minerals,
- This site includes contact information for division personnel, information on Miner Training and Certification,annual reports for 1996, 1997, and 1998 plus Oil & Natural Gas Reports. It also includes links to the Kentucky Coal Seams Index and the Kentucky Coal Seams Database.
- Natural Resources & Environmental Protection Cabinet
- The Cabinet's web site provides access to land, air, water and other environmental resources and issues in Kentucky. Full-text of the magazine KY Land, Air & Water is available here. (PDF format)
- Long-term Policy Research Center
- This center provides research, data analysis, long-term strategic planning, coordination of resources and information across different branches and agencies of government and outreach to the public. The website includes a searchable database of recent articles produced by the Center on a variety of subjects ranging from Agriculture to Welfare and Poverty. Many of these articles, including Forecasting Kentucky's Environmental Futures are available online. (PDF format)
Return to Top
- U.S. Fire Administration
- Provides information, publications, such as The Rural Fire Problem in The United States (PDF format), grants, technical assistance, training resources and courses through the National Fire Academy.
Return to Top
- Geological Survey, KY (Univ. of KY)
- The Kentucky Geological Survey provides information about all aspects of the geology of Kentucky. Fulltext resources include KGS Annual Report. ( PDF format) See here for additional publications from KGS.
- Kentucky Board of Registration for Professional Geologists
- This site contains everything you need to know to be a professional geologist in the state of Kentucky. It also includes a Consumer Guide to Geological Services .
last updated: 2/28/00
This page has been accessed times since March 2, 2000.